Field of activity: In 1963, he enrolled in the Department of Turkish Language and Literature at Istanbul University. In 1967 he became an assistant on the Faculty of Arts at Ataturk University. In 1971, on the basis of materials collected by him in Kars, he defended his thesis on "Dialects of Kars province - phonetics."
From June 1976 until August 1977 he was a visiting researcher at the University of Washington in Seattle USA. In 1979 he defended his thesis on "The verb in Kutabgu Bilig" and became an assistant professor. In 1983 he was appointed Head of the department of Turkish language and literature of the Faculty of Education of Gazi University. In 1986 he became a professor at the Faculty of Arts and Sciences at Gazi University, on the basis of which he opened a branch of the Turkish language and literature. He also served as Director of the Graduate School of Journalism and publishing at Gazi University.
In 1992 he was appointed supervisors of the Department of Modern Turkic languages and Turkic literature at Gazi University.
In 1993 – 2000, he served as Director of the Turkish Linguistic Society. In 2001 he worked as a visiting professor at "Manas" Kyrgyz-Turkish University. Currently reads additional courses in the Department of Turkish Language and Literature of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, University of Gazi. Prof. Dr. Ahmet Bican Ercilasun published a number of publications and books on Turkish language and literature, modern Turkic languages and dialects.
The main works:
1. “Arpaçay Köylerinden Derlemeler”, Turkish linguistic society, Ankara, 1976 (with Prof. Selahattin Olcay and Ensar Aslan), 398p.
2. “Bugünkü Türk Alfabeleri”, Ministry of Culture, Ankara, 1977, 1 book: 8+249p. 2 book: 8+266p.
3. "Dialects of Kars province - phonetics", Gazi University, Ankara, 1983, VIII+ 386p.
4. “Kutadgu Bilig'de Fiil”, Gazi University, Ankara, 1984, XII+196 p.
5. “Dilde Birlik”, Conk, Istanbul , 1984, 160p.; 2nd edition, Ecdad, Ankara 1993, 262p.
6. "Başlangıcından XIII. Yüzyıla Kadar Türk Nazım ve Nesri", Great Turkish classics -1, Otuken-Segut, 37-184p.,Istambul, 1985.
7. “Uygur Halk Masalları” (with Sekur Turan), Ministry of Culture, Ankara, 1989.
8. “Örneklerle Bugünkü Türk Alfabeleri”, Ministry of Culture, Ankara, 2nd edition; Ankara 1989; 3rd edition: Ankara 1990; 4th edition: Ankara 1993; 5th edition: Ankara 1996, XVII+301.
9. “Moğolistan ve Çin Günlüğü”, Institute of Turkish Culture Studies, Ankara, 1991, 144.
10. “Karşılaştırmalı Türk Lehçeleri Sözlüğü” (in cooperation), Ministry of Culture, 1st tom: handbook, Ankara, 1991, XIV+1183; 2nd tom: Dizin, Ankara, 1992, 502.
11. “Türk Dünyası Üzerine İncelemeler”. Akcag, Ankara, 1993; 311. 2nd edition, Ankara
12. “Türk Dili I-II-III-IV” (with Leyla Karahan). Deniz, Istambul, 1994-1996
13. “Türk Dili Tarihi / Başlangıçtan Yirminci Yüzyıla”. Akcag, Ankara, 2004; 488.
14. “Karşılaştırmalı Türk Lehçeleri Grameri-I Fiil - Basit Çekim”. (Editor), Turkish Linguistic Society, Ankara, 2006, 802p.
15. “Makaleler (editor Ekrem Arykoglu)”, Akcag, Ankara, 2007, 751p.
16. “Türk Lehçeleri Grameri” (editor), Akcag, 2007, 1340
Welcome to the official portal of the International Turkic Academy!